Friday, February 03, 2012

The Huddle: Rodney Harrison

On our first day in Indiana, we drove from our hotel in Lafayette into the city (haha "the city!"). While I was very nervous about being able to find parking or ending up in endless traffic, I clearly brought my NewYork-Connecticut-Mass experience to the midwest and was completely wrong.

Not only was there hardly any cars on the road, parking was a cinch to find, even in a city we knew nothing about.

We wandered and explored and ended up at The Huddle... with Rodney Harrison! That's right! We ended up getting to meet Rodney.

Rodney: oooh Welker [jersey]
Steve: It's not too late for you to suit up tomorrow
Rodney: No... I'm done (chuckling)

During my meeting with Rodney, I was determined to get him to customize my photo of him with "Sah and Stevers" (anyone can get an autograph, how many people can get it personalized!)

Sah: Do you mind adding my name
Rodney: Sure...
Sah: It's S-A-H
Rodney: It's S... what?
Sah: S-A-H
Rodney: S-A-H?
Sah: Yes, S-A-H.
Rodney: Ok... S-A-H.
Sah: Great and do you mind adding "and Steve"
Rodney: and Steve
Sah: It was a pleasure meeting you (hand shake)

Ok so after the struggles with the name "SAH" I thought "Stevers" was going to be too ambitious... so it says "Sah and Steve" ... close enough!!!

No comments: