Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Someone asked me who I was rooting for this weekend in the NFC championship: Minnesota Vikings or the New Orleans Saints.

I answered New Orleans.

Knowing my deep-seeded dislike for Mr. Favre, the counter-point was offered that if the Vikings won the Superbowl, he might finally retire.

This places me between a rock and a hard place. I would love to see Brett give it up. I'm sick of the dramas he causes. I watch football because it's generally pretty drama-free (well not-really but you don't need to follow the drama to enjoy the game).

But there is no way that I want Brett to go out on a high note. Gosh, they might give him a job as a reporter or something and then I'd be stuck with him FOREVER.

Yes, that might happen anyways... but less likely if he goes out unhappy, whining like he always does when he doesn't get his way.

So in honor of my favorite vacation/city to visit (New Orleans) and my distaste for BF, I say woodat?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The argument that Brett Farve should just win the Superbowl to retire is similar to that of just letting Hitler take Poland and leave the rest of Europe alone. Don't appease Farve by letting him win a Superbowl. The current ending, that his last NFL pass ONCE AGAIN was an interception to end his post-season run, is some really good schadenfreude if you ask me.