Monday, October 20, 2008

Favre The Traitor

So just when I thought I couldn't disrespect Brett Favre any more than I already do, he goes and does something like this:

Cornerback Charles Woodson says that if a media report indicating that Brett Favre shared inside knowledge of the Green Bay Packers’ offense with Detroit Lions coaches is true, it’s nothing short of sabotage...“He contacted them? I don’t respect that,” Woodson said after the Packers’ victory over Indianapolis on Sunday. “If they call him and he gives them information, that’s one thing. But to seek a team out and to feel like you’re trying to sabotage this team, I don’t respect that. I know he’s been the greatest player around here for a long time, but there’s no honor in that.”
Brett Favre ACTIVELY called the Lions to give them insider information about the Green Bay Packers and his experience there. Although ultimately ineffective seeing that GB whipped Detroit, the principle and actions of Brett Favre speak volumes.

I am astounded. I don't know what type of contracts players sign with teams, but the teams should have some sort of confidentiality clause. Although this doesn't violate rules, if I was Goodell, I'd kick him out. That's as dishonest and unrespectable as Packman Jones.

No comments: