Friday, October 10, 2008

Financial Times Are Tough - Even for the Cowboys

I understand we are an economic crisis. Trust me, we all feel it. Even my company has gotten into the mode of selling whatever we can in ways we would have never dared to before. But I have to hand it to the Cowboys for this offer. It's quite creative.

To honor battles won and heroes lost over 38 glorious years, you can put 530 square yards of sporting history into your own backyard: An entire Cowboys Texas Stadium end zone. Our exclusive package also includes the VIP treatment for the last regular season Cowboys game in Texas Stadium. Your crew gets pre-game photos in your zone with Jerry Jones, a luxury suite for the game, and a once-in-a-lifetime post-game tailgate party on your soon-to be new backyard (with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, no less).
Which leads me to more questions than answers. What is this end-zone material consist of? I mean, isn't it spray-painted astroturf or something? How do you install this? Or transport it? or maintain it? What oil-mongul rich bastard from Texas has half a million dollars to spend on something like the Cowboy's end zone?

Oh I know you're right. This rich nut does exist, but I say let's take his money and put it towards the bailout so the rest of us don't have to pay so much. What is happening to the world?!?

No comments: