Sunday, December 16, 2007

Joe Gibbs, You Idiot!

So this was two weeks ago - Buffalo-Washington. The Skins players had just suffered and felt the grevious loss of Sean Taylor. But they had fought through the game, the challenges... and were on the verge of a win.

All they had to do was ice the Buffalo kicker from scoring a field-goal.

I'm sitting on the couch at my Aunt's house watching the game with my entire familyl. Joe Gibss calls the first time. La da dee da... now it's time to leave all the pressure on the kicker's shoulders.

I ask "can you call two-time outs in a row?"

Nick replies, "No, you can't. You need a play in between."

But then what does Joe-I-Am-So-Old-I-Wrote-The-Book-Gibbs do? He calls a time out? What are you thinking?

If someone saw the press conference afterwards, feel free to send it to me and I'll post it. It's time to retire.

No comments: