Sunday, November 11, 2007

Priceless "Prep Talk" Peyton Campaign

One of the great intersections of my life is the football marketing programs. It brings my work and pleasure together. Of course I love what I do so the equation has pretty obvious results.

This week's commercial featuring a "pep talk" from Peyton drove consumers to priceless.com/preptalk.

Failures:
With no disrespect intended for the online marketers at Mastercard, if you're going to spend the money on the commercial, you could at least spend a little bit of budget for some search engine keywords on Google.

First I tried typing in the url and I got "page not found". So maybe it was priceless.com/peptalkS (plural) or maybe i just totally remembered the url incorrectly. Either way, I considered typing in a direct url my user-error.


So I moved onto the omniscient Google. I typed in "priceless prep talk" and what I was looking for did not come up. In fact, no advertising even came up for those keywords. I tried three more sets of keywords and still nada.

I had to resort to a generic "priceless mastercard" search and got priceless.com homepage.

Successes:
Well at least on the homepage I found exactly what I was looking for. From there my experience was great.

This customized (i got to type in my name to hear Peyton cover his mouth and say "Sarah") experience had cute clips of the charming QB giving me advice. Very well and smoothly done. No quirks. I sent to a friend easily. I had a great time. And if my name wasn't there, there were some awesome options like "Mr. Man" or "Babe".

Definitely recommend everyone attempt to find the campaign. But I won't make it easy for you. You should experience the mistakes of MasterCard yourself.

No comments: