Monday, November 26, 2007

Reason #5367 Why I'm Not a Jets Fan

Aside for the butt-conquering, back-riding from the Cowboys Thursday... this is virtually the same atmosphere and impression of Jets Fan I had 15 years back when I first attended a Jets Game...

I'm not sure why its taken the NYTimes this long to catch on, but . Read it and puke. I did.

At Jets Game, a Halftime Ritual of Harassment
By DAVID PICKER
November 20, 2007
At some of Giants Stadium’s pedestrian ramps, obscenity-laced chants and demands that women expose their breasts have become a staple during halftime at Jets home
games. Read More>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How awesome is it that the Jets play in Giants stadium? It’s one thing if you share a facility with another sports team in your hometown (for example, the Vikings of the NFL and the Twins of MLB both play at the Metrodome in Minneapolis, MN) but for the love of God you play in a stadium named for another team in the same league! It just goes to show how the Jets are an embarrassing, pathetic, perpetually overshadowed franchise. The NFL should just have a yard sale and auction off the Jets players to all the other teams in the league. I know the Patriots squeaked by a below-average Philadelphia team tonight, in Foxboro no less, but I hope they show no mercy on the Jets. I mean, I’m talking about hanging 100 on them. I hope the Pats are calling timeouts and kicking field goals with 10 seconds to go in the game to go up 75-3 instead of 72-3. If the Jets had a stadium of their own and this game were there, I’d say salt the ground so nothing could ever grow there again. And by the way, everyone seems to love to say New England is a classless organization after the spying incident (Jets fans, I’m looking in your direction in particular), just look at what your fellow fans do, and the indifference of the Jets organization to their behavior. Please hold that.