Saturday, November 10, 2007

American Gangster ... They ARE who we Thought They Were

Last night stevers and I went to a late night rainy showing of American Gangster featuring Denzel and Mr. Crowe. We had debated for a while whether to see the Lions/Lambs Tom Cruise movie or the American Gangster. Ultimately our decision was made based on the times available for each and we saw the latter.



This morning i sit here with the voice of Denny Green running through my head 'THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE'... and the Coors Light Commercial isn't even on. But that's pretty much what I felt about the movie. I expected it to be a good movie (it was) and I expected the actors to play their roles as they did. The plot was to be expected and overall it was a good movie. I never cried, I never gaspes. I did grimmace a few times from the violence but ... I don't think you need to crown'em.

No comments: