Monday, November 26, 2007

What the Titan's Record Should Be

I know I've neglected to comment on my own favorite team's performance this season... The Titans... However, I am often frustrated by either my inability to watch the games here in NYC.... or to watch the Titans get robbed... or for our receivers to drop Young's passes... okay there's a lot that hurts the heart...

I know "almost" doesn't count, especially in a sport like football, but I have to argue that the Titan's record doesn't even come close to reflecting their true game performances. Let's review!

Official Record: 6 wins, 5 losses

5 Losses Include:
  • 20-22 to Indy
  • 10-13 to Tampa
  • 13-28 to Jacksonville
  • 20-34 to Denver
  • 35-6 to Cinncy

But really, the Titans outplayed the Colts in Week 2 and should have won that game. The Tampa game was also close and I really don't consider that a true loss. We were not outplayed.

I will concede the division game to jacksonville was lost the second time around (but that's just what statistically is going to happen with you play the same team so frequently) and Denver and obviously tonight the Bengals.

But that should really put us at....

8 Wins, 3 Losses

I know I'm living in dream world, but don't worry, it's only Vince's second year and we're still pulling things together. Imagine if we had Pacman this year! Our defense would be unstoppable. Next time save the dollar bills for tipping the pizza delivery guy.

No comments: